What is a Smart Home and why should you Invest in one
Home is a peaceful sanctuary where you can unwind your day and leave behind outwardly worries. Hence, we need this space to offer us optimum relaxation and comfort. And with the recent advancement in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), and virtual reality (VR), intelligent features can make your home more relaxing and amiable.
A “smart home” is a residence that uses automation to make household tasks easier and more efficient. Nowadays, all sorts of devices can be controlled by voice, phone, and even smart home hubs like Amazon Echo and Google Home. So whether you want to turn on your lights, set the AC temperature, or even order groceries, there’s a good chance you can do it with just a few voice commands with smart home solutions.
But is investing in a home automation project worth it? Read on to find out some of the advantages of smart homes.
1. Convenience at your fingertips
Smart home gadgets are controlled with a consolidated system, which further enables comfort to another level.
-SMART SWITCHES: This switch can be accessed through an app or a voice-activated assistant. Light, fan,
-TEMPERATURE CONTROL: Your thermostat and air-conditioner can be set to adjust automatically based on the time of day or whether anyone is home.
-PROXIMITY SENSORS: These sensors are activated by detecting a presence within the radar. This allows you to save on unnecessary power wastage as the sensors turn off the gadgets when there is no one in the room.
–ULTRA-SMART FEATURES FOR SECURITY: Doors can unlock automatically when you arrive home or lock when you leave. You can also monitor activity with security cameras.
-UNIFIED CONTROL FOR APPLIANCES: Some kitchen appliances can also be controlled with your voice or an app.
2. Home value appreciation
As a homeowner, you are always looking for ways to increase the value of your home. With millennials being the focal homebuyers, they prefer contemporary homes convenient for their fast-paced life. With the ever-growing demand for 2 BHK Flats in Hinjewadi, Pune, more working professionals are looking to rent houses that saves their time.
A smart home is the epitome of high-tech living. These home automation mechanisms denote that the space adheres to the modern lifestyle.
Apart from the intrinsic benefits of smart homes, one of the most lucrative is that it can increase the value of your home. If you want to sell your home in the future, having a smart home can make it more appealing to potential buyers.
3. Significant savings with energy-efficient homes
Energy efficiency is one of the key benefits of investing in a smart home. With energy-saving features like automated thermostats and LED lighting, you can minimize energy consumption and save money on utility bills.
Smart home automation also minimises the power requirement of appliances. Plus, you can also integrate more devices without overloading the power consumption. The intelligent features also optimise the performance of the appliance, thus allowing long-term durability.
Many smart home devices are more energy efficient than their traditional counterparts, so you can further reduce your carbon footprint.
4. Triple-layer security setups
When it comes to safety and security, smart homes are unrivaled. With features like automatic locks, security cameras, and fire alarms, you can rest assured that your home is always safe. Smart homes also make it easy to monitor your property while you’re away, so you can always ensure everything is in order.
Overall, you can customise your home security system for the following stages–
- Home exterior intrusion detection
- Home interior intrusion detection
- Perimeter intrusion detection
Such systems are highly preferred in the flats in Hinjewadi, Pune, a bustling and emerging locale in the city.
5. Personalised systems as per preference
One of the best things about smart homes is that they’re customizable. You can add as many or as few devices as you want, and you can control them all from your phone or tablet.
With a smart home automation project, you can incorporate features that are required for specific purposes, which might include–
- Sensors for deaf, blind, or disabled people.
- Scanning features that will allow entrance to people that you authorise.
- Scheduling time slots for your help/maid to enter your house in your absence.
- 24-hour surveillance.
- Reminders for essential tasks through voice commands.
You can create a helpful environment for your loved ones with many such customizable features.
6. Assessing your home management
A smart home is an automated dwelling that uses advanced technology to provide its occupants with increased comfort, security, and energy efficiency. By investing in a smart home, you can enjoy the many benefits that these cutting-edge systems have to offer.
- You can monitor your home even if you are out of town. With any unwarranted entrance, you will be notified immediately. Some automation systems also alarm the nearest police station if someone has entered the wrong password.
- People with paraplegia or arthritis, autistic people, people with compromised senses, and many more benefit from innovative home technology. Older people also enjoy convenience without much movement. These systems also facilitate a pet-friendly environment.
- The best part of automation is that it evaluates your time spent on any smart device. This allows you to navigate your time, thus helping you to be more productive.
If you are looking for modern homes that offer facilities for home automation, then Life Republic Universal is an apt project for you. This Western Pune’s most aspired township, Life Republic, Nr. Hinjawadi, Pune provides a modern lifestyle with state-of-the-art amenities.
Browse the website to get more insight into this project.